Monday, December 14, 2009

tis the season

gift (gft)
n.
1. Something that is bestowed voluntarily and without compensation.
2. The act, right, or power of giving.
3. A talent, endowment, aptitude, or inclination.
tr.v. gift·ed, gift·ing, gifts
1. To present something as a gift to.
2. To endow with.

this holiday season has brought about a change in me, infact in many of us.
I've helped touch lives, and in return felt a warmth grow inside my heart thta on a day to day basis, now feels like it may be too big for my chest.

i've recently given away most of the boys baby clothing, some of their accessories that they have out grown, and with it. a small piece of my heart to every family that recieves the gifts that were given to them.
i find no need to hold onto that part of the past(save for a few teensy baby outfits that i put in their hope chests)

oh the feeling of giving, i think i take more pleasure than anyone i help out. i almost feel selfish, for helping out those in need, to satisfy a part of me that sometimes feels a bit lacking.

i've found a calling. don't expect it to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, make my day